Do you know someone who has led a life of caring for others, who selflessly and compassionately gives of him or herself, and who has dedicated themselves to improving the lives of those affected by cancer?
Women of Hope is currently seeking nominations for its 2014 Champion of Hope. The Champion of Hope Award was established to recognize a person professionally employed in a care or support role that provides care or treatment for cancer patients in New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Onslow or Duplin counties. The recipient of this award is someone who has demonstrated compassionate care and has been a source of hope and optimism in the administration of their care or support. This award seeks to identify and recognize a multi-accomplished individual who has enriched the lives of cancer patients and treats patients with extraordinary compassion. This person serves as a role model illustrating professional behavior by example.
Award Criteria and Requirements:
• Nominees must be professionally employed in a direct care or related support role to a patient who has received cancer care within the last five (5) years.
• The top three nominees will be selected and honored at the Diamonds & Champagne Hope Ball in Wilmington, NC on Saturday, November 22, 2014. Each nominee will receive a complimentary ticket for themselves and one guest for the evening.
• The award recognizes those who embody characteristics and qualities of compassionate care, including:
§Listening carefully, showing empathy and instilling hope;
§Communicating with sensitivity to patients and loved ones;
§Understanding the significance of patients’ families and communities;
§Respecting patients’ values, culture, choices and decisions.
Award Recipient Selection:
Nominations will be reviewed by a committee and three finalists will be selected. All three finalists will attend the Diamond and Champagne Hope Ball where one nominee will be presented the 2014 Champion of Hope Award.
Each year, the Women of Hope organization will host the Diamonds and Champagne Hope Ball where the annual recipient of the Champion of Hope Award will be presented as part of the evening’s festivities. The event will include a formal award ceremony, including dinner, dancing and other activities.
• May 1, 2014 – Nominations open (http://womenofhopenc.org)
• July 31, 2014 (11:59 pm EST) – Nominations close
• August – Mid-September 2014 – Review and Selection
• Mid-September 2014 – Three finalists notified
• November 22, 2014 – Diamonds and Champagne Hope Ball – Champion of Hope Award
If you know a deserving individual who embodies the principles of compassion, hope and optimism while leaving a lasting impression, please let us know by visiting http://womenofhopenc.org to download or complete an on-line Nomination Form. Nominations will be accepted through July 31, 2014.
Contact: Penny Millis,
Women of Hope Director of Development
Direct: (910) 799-7178